Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Identical
Ellen Hopkins
ISBN: 1416950052
Cost: $17.99 Hardcover, $7.41 Paperback

Kaeleigh and Raeanne are identical twins, yet completely different. Daughters of a judge and Congress candidate, everything seems perfect and happy. On the inside, both are struggling for attention and answers that they so desperately need. Raeanne turns to drugs and sex for a substitute of the love her father doesn’t show her, while Kaeleigh just wants to be noticed by her mother who is never home. Even their dad, feeling lonely and rejected by his wife, seeks attention for Kaeleigh instead. Damaging secrets lie within the Gardella household, along with jealousy, rivalry, and possibly even sympathy. As these secrets are revealed, Kaeleigh and Raeanne need each other to get through it, and end up helping each other without even realizing it.
“I wish I could help Kaeleigh work her way past all the major crap so she could accept the good things waiting for her, almost within reach.”
“Love, I know, isn’t something to second-guess, but in my world love is always defined by ulterior motive. To say yes, give my whole heart away, simply terrifies me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment